Today’s marketing win is from Winn-Dixie and it’s a great example of offering your customers EXACTLY what they want.
We got this in the mail – which is similar to what many other chains do, but they did it even better.
My husband got this in the mail, opened it, and it was full of coupons that were EXACTLY the products we buy. Not things they thought we *might* be interested in, but actually stuff we buy and things that go along with the stuff we buy regularly.
He grabbed it and ran it in to my office.
“Nik, look at this. I can just take this right to the store and it’s like a shopping list for me.”
And that’s exactly what he did, which is why I can’t scan and show you the inside. It’s completely empty. 😉
What do you think?
- Do you think this would be effective or not?
- Would you have noticed this?
- Would you have used it?
- What would you do to make this piece more effective?
Relate it to your business…
- Is your lead and customer followup extremely targeted or is it all over the place? For instance, I signed up to learn about natural pet care and what I really wanted was just tips about dogs, since that’s what I have. But they’ve been sending me tips about everything from birds to ferrets to horses.. and I’ve stopped opening their emails.
- Are you offering very highly targeted opportunities for your peeps?
We’ve all been told, “The Money is in the List” but often when we try to get that money from the list, we find that’s it’s just a bit more complicated than that. It would be nice if we could just put a sign-up box onto our website and the money could started rolling in. Of course, it doesn’t work that way.
I used to bust my butt and send out elaborate emails that took FOREVER to put together. And, I was too scared to actually SELL anything which makes it pretty hard to make money.
If that sounds like you, our new training program “Sticky List Profits” can help you earn more with your email list, too.
Talk to me. 🙂
PS. Missed previous Marketing posts like this one? Here are a few more.