I’ve gotta tell you… this book is just flippin’ amazing! Seriously.
This guy, Timothy Ferris (the author) is 29 years old and has accomplished the following things in his life:
- Princeton University guest lecturer in High-Tech Entrepreneurship and Electrical Engineering
- Cage fighter in Japan, vanquisher of four world champions (MMA)
- First American in history to hold a Guinness World Record in tango
- Advisor to more than 30 world record holders in professional and Olympic sports
- National Chinese kickboxing champion
- Glycemic Index (GI) researcher Political asylum researcher and activist
- MTV breakdancer in Taiwan
- Hurling competitor in Ireland
- Actor on hit TV series in mainland China and Hong Kong
I’ve got a few years on him, and my credentials are a bit less impressive. 😉 Sure, I’ve been to Mexico, stayed with a family there, and climbed pyramids. Sure, I’ve walked a marathon. Sure, I’ve lived in three states and my home is now only 10 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico. I walked by a rattlesnake the other day. I had a shark swim right by me a few years ago. I’ve swam across lakes and slept in a canoe. I’ve been on Mt. Hood, seen Mt. St. Helens, gazed in wonder at Mt. Rushmore, stood under a thunderous waterfall in Oregon, and taken a sunset sailboat ride on Lake Michigan. Yeah, I get pooped on by birds more than your average person, but… that’s nuthin’! I want MORE adventures (and less bird poop)!
Anyway, I must say that reading this book has been one of those life-altering moments in my life. And, the author, Timothy Ferriss, has a great website where you can actually take a sneak peek into some of the content. Here it is –> www.fourhourworkweek.com
Because of this book, I’m actually putting steps into place now to travel more, and do the things that I truly have dreamed of.
One question in the book asked (and I’m going to paraphrase since I don’t have it in front of me), but the question was “If money was no option — what would you DO with your time? If you didn’t have to work, and you didn’t have to worry about the bills… what would you do?”
My answer was travel. I want to swim off the coast of Italy. I want to see the world with my family.
What’s your answer? 🙂
Please let me know what you are working towards.
And, I do hope you’ll check out the link above. It just might change your life, as well.