Hey Affiliate Managers & Marketers — get some manners!
oooh…. I have a gripe. I am normally a very nice person, but I HATE HATE HATE being phone spammed. I don’t know who thought it was good business practice to record an audio and blast it to all of their leads, but it’s just plain wrong for several reasons.
1. It interrupts my work. Don’t mess with a work at home mom. I have exactly 5.5 hours M-F that are all MINE MINE MINE to get my work done. Do not. I repeat. … do NOT mess with MY time.
2. It interrupts my writing. If you’re a writer, you know how you get into the “zone” and feel your fingers flying. You know what interrupts that? The phone — which I don’t mind if it’s actually a REAL person on the other end.
3. It’s just plain RUDE. If you’re going to interrupt my work (or my nap) and get my attention, then you darned well better be a REAL person on the other end. I don’t send a delivery to YOUR home with a tape recorder playing a message from me — don’t do it. Just don’t.
4. I’m YOUR affiliate. I’m doing YOU a favor. Guess what? Your launch is NOT my #1 priority in my day. I actually have OTHER things I need to do. Don’t interrupt them.
5. You can’t opt-OUT. There’s nothing at the end that says “Hey, if you don’t want me harassing you while you’re trying to take a pee just click here”. I can’t DO anything to get rid of it.
6. I never opted-IN. I said that they could send me EMAILS — not call me.
Now, I’m an affiliate manager and proud of it, but the next affiliate manager who spams me at home on my HOME telephone is gonna get an earful.
And, for that aff man who phone spammed me today… ADIOS!
How’s that for a big vent? Kelly is probably sitting there with her mouth open since she says I’m too nice. But, hey, a girl should be able to PEE without getting interrupted by an affiliate manager for a program she WAS (past tense) interested in promoting.
Hey, I should send that aff man the link to www.SalesArmySecrets.com to learn how a REAL affiliate manager treats her peeps.
Opinions? Obviously I have one. 😉