In preparation for our trip to Europe (for our adoption), one of the things I was looking into was fun places to visit – on our way back from Latvia. We decided to stop and spend a few weeks in Ireland on our way back home.
Travel planning is not fun for me. I was nearly ripping my hair out until I saw this. And, the marketer in me found such joy that I forgot all of my planning woes for a spell.
See it live at www.CelticCastles.com
They are doing so many things right that I don’t even know where to start. God bless them! It makes my heart sing to browse this website.
What they are doing right…
1. First of all, let’s look at their overall niche. They didn’t try to be another “Hotels.com” and cover all types of places to stay in the United Kingdom. They also didn’t try to be a site covering “All Castle Hotels” and try to cover castles in Italy, Spain, and China. They focused in on Celtic Castles. I LOVE this.
2. Next, their URL and logo. Celtic Castles. Branding? Check. Done and done well.
3. Now their tagline. “The Biggest and Best Value Castle Booking Company in the World”. – Clear. Concise.
4. Mission line. “We are Passionate about Staying in Castles”. Not really a customer-focused statement, but it is consistent and solid.
I do really like this better, but it’s hidden at the bottom of the page -
5. They have a section just for “Child Friendly Castle Stays” – which answered my biggest question.
6. You can search by map. Brilliant. And, they show not only the castles but the nearest airports. Smart!
7. They are ready to close the big sales. “Multiple Castle Stays” – which was another area that I was confused about.
8. They have a FAQ page. http://www.celticcastles.com/faq.asp It answers pretty much all of the remaining questions that I had.
9. They can help you if you want to do Corporate stays or Weddings.
10. They’re on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, plus they have a direct phone number AND a mailing/ezine list.
They’ve pretty much got everything covered.
The only things I see missing are YouTube and Pinterest. I can see them doing really well by offering video tours on YouTube and interviews with the owners.
I can also see them having boards of the castles on Pinterest divided up by country.
I also don’t think I saw any testimonials. Again, those could go on YouTube, which would be awesome.
Oh, and adding a media section would be nice so that I could have gotten some info from Press Releases and maybe some graphics for this blog post.
So, now I’ll ask you.
What do you like about this website?
Please share in the comments section below.
PS. I know what you’re wondering… Where am I staying? Well, actually I don’t know yet. I scheduled this before I headed off. I’ll let you know soon…