We’re wrapping up our Computer Butt Challenge for the year again. Today I have a treat for you. It’s a note from Scott and he basically explains that, while workouts are great, they’re only a smaller portion of your overall caloric-burning potential for the day. I hope it makes you think! 🙂
This Calorie Burner is NEAT!
by Scott Tousignant
I’m proud of everyone who has made their health a top priority in their life. After reading through many of your goals for developing a daily routine that includes working out and physical activity, it’s obvious that we all have unique reasons for improving our health and our body. It’s also obvious that we have all experienced the dreaded “Computer Butt/Gutt” weight gain as a result of eating more and moving less, resulting in a calorie surplus.
By incorporating physical activity into your day and reducing your food intake, the outcome is burning more calories than you consume. But here’s the kicker… physical activity is much more than just following a workout program and going for a walk or bike ride on a regular basis. Yes, these activities burn a great amount of calories, and when you are following a strategic program, such as those under the Fat Loss Quickie brand, you will burn more calories even while you sit at your computer.
Although the caloric burn from these workouts are outstanding, the majority of the calories that you burn throughout the day actually come from Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis or N.E.A.T.
The trouble is, that sitting at a desk all day does not burn many calories. Going through the drive-through does not burn many calories. Sitting in front of the television does not burn many calories. If you want to experience great health and develop a sexy physique, you MUST increase your N.E.A.T.
It’s really actually quite simple to accomplish this goal.
- Preparing a healthy homemade meal increases your N.E.A.T. You could actually burn a couple hundred calories cooking a healthy family dinner.
- Standing, while you work at your desk and pacing around your office while you plan out your day or brainstorm a blog post is also a great way to increase your N.E.A.T.
- Strategically placing office supplies around your home office, forcing your to get up out of your chair frequently, is a simple way to increase your N.E.A.T.
- Listening to phone conferences or watching a video presentation, while pacing around your office, will also increase your N.E.A.T.
- Getting up to get a glass of water every hour will increase your N.E.A.T.
- Performing some light stretches every 30-60 minutes will increase your N.E.A.T.
- Playing with your kids or chasing a family pet will certainly increase your N.E.A.T.
Your goal is simple… move more and eat less. Your body was designed to move and it’s time that you re-discover the joy of a body in motion.
Nik has done an incredible service to the homepreneur community. She’s ignited the spark to get you off your Computer Butt and become the energetic, confident, and beautiful person that you really are. The greatest thing that you could do to show your appreciate for what Nik has just done for you, is to lead by example and become a positive role model yourself. Inspire other homepreneurs to get moving and become the best that they can be. That’s one of the greatest gifts that you could ever give.
Life ROCKS! Enjoy every second of it.
Thanks Scott! 🙂
Everyone, please post your update for today (and yesterday, too).
((hugs)) to all and thank you!
Here’s where you can check out Scott & Angie’s Workouts: