Hi and welcome back!
Mom is now a totally loyal affiliate of theirs for life. (Also referred to as a Raving Fan.)
How did this all happen?
1. Mom applied to become an affiliate and started promoting Wisconsin Made – which you can see on her blog sidebar here:
See it live here: RemarkableWrinklies.com
2. She then blogged about their “Fight Breast Cancer” promo this month:
You can see that one here:
Raising Money through Food Gifts
So why 3 Cheers for WisconsinMade.com?
- At some point in this process, the PR and Social Media Specialist for Wisconsinmade.com, Amanda Maurer, reached out to mom about doing cross blogging between RemarkableWrinklies.com and Edible Antics. (Bravo #1!)
- Also, during this process, Tiffany Strey Kloss, their Affiliate Manager, personally communicated with mom to see if there was anything mom needed help with. (Bravo #2). As a former affiliate manager for 4 years, I can tell you this makes a HUGE difference in loyalty.
- Then, on Friday, mom saw the Tweet that I posted above. I’m not sure who posted it, but whoever did – that’s Bravo #3.
And, of course the Packers won yesterday so… lol. oops. Got distracted there for a minute.
So, what can we learn from today’s Marketing Monday?
1. Mass communication is important, but it’s the personal communication that can impact on an individual level.
2. It doesn’t take much to make people feel special. When’s the last time you’ve retweeted something nice that someone has said about you? Are you socially bookmarking blog posts that people write about you? (Do you have Google Alerts set in order to KNOW when people are talking about you?)
3. Offering something unique makes you the only game in town. WisconsinMade.com speaks to loyalty amongst cheeseheads like us – and makes me want to do some Christmas shopping!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this!
PS. If you want to know how NOT to motivate affiliates… see below. UG.
- How NOT to Motivate Affiliates, Pt. 1
- How NOT to Motivate Affiliates, Pt. 2
- How NOT to Motivate Affiliates, Pt. 3
Kudos again for WisconsinMade.com for showing us how TO do it the right way!