It’s another Expert Briefs, where I ask really smart business owners to answer your burning questions.
Here’s what I sent my friends…
“If you’re like me, you don’t want perfume or a picture frame for Christmas… you want stuff for your BUSINESS! Gadgets, tools, and other fun goodies. So, what’s in your Letter to Santa this year?”
The problem is that I really don’t have anything I want this year. Life is good and I have what I need. So, I need ideas. 🙂
Here are our expert replies.
Lynette Chandler of TechBasedMarketing.com says:
I don’t have anything that I really want badly either, but perhaps an upgrade to the new LiveScribe Echo pen, a subscription to Evernote or ManyMoon.
Alice Seba of Contentrix says:
Like Nicole, I don’t really have a wishlist. I have more than enough stuff and just don’t want to accumulate more. As far as business gadgets go, I have my iPhone and my laptop, so I am all good with that. I have simple needs.
But I do have one thing I hope Santa brings and that’s a replacement Rockband. Earlier this year, the disk faced the wrath of a toddler and the drumset was attacked during a freak play fighting accident by the boys. Since then, this mama hasn’t been able to live out her rock star fantasies. So, now I’m hoping Santa brings a new one.
Ronnie Nijmeh of PLR.me (< -click for a free offer from Ronnie) says:
I always have a hard time figuring out what I want for Christmas because if I need something, I get it when I need it throughout the year. 🙂
For this year, my wife and I are getting a piano for our new home. It’s a Casio AP620 Celviano Digital Piano.
I’m excited about it because I LOVE music. It’s such an amazing outlet and natural relaxant!
Actually, music is what led me toward my first internet marketing experience a decade or so ago, where I sold music software as an affiliate marketer.
Oh how fun it is to reminisce. 🙂
Kelly McCausey of Work at Home Moms Talk Radio says:
If Santa wants to bring me a Kindle for Christmas this year I’d be thrilled. It’s one of those things that I know I’d use a lot. I’d fill it up with great business books and novels and transfer over several PDFs I’ve been meaning to read. How handy to have it tucked in my purse for unexpected downtime.
So, Santa, if you’re listening, I’d love the Kindle with free 3G 🙂
Shannon Cherry of S.A.L.E.S. System Formula says:
I’ve been extra good this year. I’ve been more profitable than ever and as a result have been able to give back more.
And I’m not asking for too much. I would love peace on earth, but understand that is a hard one for ANYONE to deliver.
So here’s just a few things to put under my tree:
- iPad – I know, I know. I haven’t invested in one yet, partly because I know my girls will take it and use it all the time. So maybe 3 of them (one for each of us).
- Time. Ok, I know you can’t give me extra time, but perhaps a book that helps me create more systems that streamline my business to give me that time?
- Tea. It’s the perfect pick-me-up during the day when I need a break.
See? Not too much.
I did leave you cookies, but our new puppy Maisie, ate them! Sorry! We are still training her!
Nicole Dean of .. here! .. says:
Every year, I try to help busy entrepreneurs by helping you write your letter to Santa. 🙂 This year is no different.
If you’re like me, and would rather get something fun for your business than an other trinket, simply copy and paste the letter below (insert items you want from the brainstorming list below) and mail it to Santa and you’re set.
Heck, send it to your mother-in-law (if she gets you horrid gifts) or a favorite Aunt so she won’t spend a week knitting a pair of wool socks that you’re allergic to.
I’ve been very good again this year. I’ve worked very hard on my business while keeping focus on important priorities like my (family, health, etc., insert yours here). I definitely should be on your “nice” list.
This year, I would love to get some gifts to invest in my business. Here are some items I’ve been wanting. You can surprise me. 🙂
((INSERT items from list below))
Thank you, Dear Santa. I hope that you are nice and cozy in the North Pole with Mrs. Claus.
((insert name here))
For when you’re on the go.
- Kindle or Nook – Read and learn on the go.
- mp3 Player – More Learning on the road. (Be sure to load up my podcast.)
- Cell Phone. Christmas is always a good excuse to upgrade.
- Headset for your Cell Phone. I love my headset. I can use my cell as an mp3 player while I walk the dogs (and still feel good about having my phone on me).
- iPad. I keep mine in my purse. It’s so much easier than carrying around a laptop.
- Good books – just in case you get trapped on a Deserted Island.
- Comfy chair.
- Noise Cancellation Headphones. (I have some. They’re weird.)
Stuff for your Office.
- Desk Pad Calendar. For scheduling and staying organized.
- Day Clock – in case you lose track of time, really badly!
- Demotivators. (You probably saw those in my home office.)
- Handerpants – in case your hands get cold while you’re working.
- Bacon Envelopes.
- Big freaking White Board. Did you see mine in my office video?
- Space heater. Again… brrrrr….
Camera & Microphones.
- Flip Mino Cam. For video marketing.
- Headset with Microphone. For recording tutorials and webinars on your PC.
PLR – Because It’s AWESOME!
- PLR Articles Because you can always use more articles for your blog.
- Personalized Twitter T-shirt
- Cool Business Cards. Zazzle has really cool “skinny” & “chubby” sized cards.
Courses to Learn Cool Stuff From.
Stuff to Fight Computer Butt.
- Fat Loss Quickie
- Exercise Videos – I’m a fan of the Weight Loss Yoga (Biggest Loser), myself.
- Big Water Bottle
- Luggage for traveling to cool Internet Marketing conferences to hang out with me.
- Ticket to NAMS for August.
** Most of the stuff above is tax deductible. (Probably not the Handerpants, though.)
It’s Your Turn.
So, now, I’ll pose this question to you. What are you asking Santa for this Christmas? I’d love to hear your comments!
PS. I have created brandable reports from several of the previous Expert Brief columns that you can use to earn commissions by giving them away.
If you’re new to expert briefs, these are some of our most popular: